AAPG Africa Region Meetings
2019 AAPG Africa Region, The Eastern Mediterranean Mega-Basin: New Data, New Ideas and New Opportunities, Alexandra, Egypt, September 6-7, 2019
- 2019 AAPG Africa Region, The Eastern Mediterranean Mega-Basin: New Data, New Ideas and New Opportunities, Alexandra, Egypt, September 6-7, 2019; Abstracts #90355 (2019).
- The Importance of Multi-Scale Petroleum System Assessment for Plays and Prospects De-Risking in the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, G. Pérez-Drago, N. Mouchot, M. Dubille, L. Montadert, D. di Biase, P. Lacone, M. Mazzarelli, M. Hosni, and A. Thebault, #11332 (2020).
- Modelling Biogenic Gas Generation and Migration - Application on the Levantine Basin, N. Maurand, A. Pujol, A. Ravin, S. Wolf, M. Dubille, P. -Y. Filleaudeau, and B. Lebreuilly, #51645 (2020).
- New Ideas Unlock Old Plays: Swan-East Recent Gas Discovery, Baltim Canyon Extension, West Delta Deep Marine, Offshore Nile Delta, Egypt, Mahmoud Hemdan, Ramy Fahmy, Mostafa Monir, and Ramy Eid, #11265 (2019).
- PS Application of Structural Seismic Attributes for "Polygonal Faults" Interpretation in Unconventional Carbonate Reservoir, Munir Elmahdy, Mohamed Fagelnour, Ibrahim Hamza, and Ali Gharieb, #42467 (2019).
- AVO Analysis for Pre-Messinian Exploration Targets: A New Approach to Identify Gas-Bearing Sandstone Reservoirs, Islam A. Mohamed and Mostafa Monir, #42464 (2019).
- PS Exploration and Development of Siliciclastic and Carbonate Reservoirs in the Eastern Mediterranean, M. K. Abd El-Halim, M. A. Kababi, A. A. Mahmoud, and N. Nabih, #30635 (2019).
2017 AAPG Africa Region GTW, Paleozoic Hydrocarbon Potential of North Africa, Marrakech, Morocco, November 1-4, 2017
- 2017 AAPG Africa Region GTW, Paleozoic Hydrocarbon Potential of North Africa, Marrakech, Morocco, November 1-4, 2017; Abstracts #90313 (2017).
2017 AAPG Africa Region, Geoscience Technology Workshop, Exploration and Development of Unconventional Hydrocarbons, Cape Town, South Africa, June 20-23, 2017
- AAPG Africa Region, Geoscience Technology Workshop, Exploration and Development of Unconventional Hydrocarbons, Cape Town, South Africa, June 20-23, 2017; Abstracts #90305 (2017).
- Modelling Social-Ecological Risks of Shale Gas Development in the Central Karoo, Gregory O. Schreiner and Luanita Snyman-van der Walt, #80608 (2017).
- Record Drilling Research Wells in the Karoo Basin, H. Lauferts, R. Homrighausen, and E. Crous, #70286 (2017).
AAPG/SPE Africa Energy and Technology Conference, Nairobi City, Kenya, December 5-7, 2016
- AAPG/SPE Africa Energy and Technology Conference; Abstracts #90267 (2016).
- New Viewpoint on the Geology and Hydrocarbon Prospectivity of the Seychelles Plateau, James Granath, Rolf Rango, Pete Emmet, Colin Ford, Robert Lambert, and Michael Kasli, #30529 (2017).
- Petroleum Exploration Potential of Abu Gabra Formation in Fula Sub-Basin, Muglad Basin, Sudan, Ke Weili, Zhang Guangya, Liu Aixiang, Zheng Yonglin, and Yu Yongjun, #10912 (2017).
- Novel Well Flow-control Valve for Flexible Well Completion and Application in Commingled Production of Oil and Gas in West Africa, Joseph Bagal, Maximilien Hallaire, and Paul Hazel, #70250 (2017).
- Annular Barrier as an Alternative to Squeezes in Challenging Wells: Technology Review and Case Histories, Joseph Bagal, Gbenga Onadeko, Paul Hazel, and Vibjørn Dagestad, #70249 (2017).
- Bottom Hole Pressure Management in a Highly Permeable and Narrow Margin MPD Operation, Ugochukwu Oseme, Ayodele Akinfolarin, Sunday Awe, Adeyemi Erinle, Timothy Ibrahim, and Vincent Roes, #42017 (2017).
- New Insights in the Evaluation of Reserves of Selected Wells of the Pletmos Basin, Offshore South Africa, Samir Elamri and Mimonitu Opuwari, #10914 (2017).
- Solar Power for Sustainable Offshore Petroleum Exploration and Production in Africa, Samuel Tawiah, Solomon Adjei Marfo, and Daniel Benah Jnr, #42027 (2017).
- Regionally Connected Structural Systems: the Power of the Big (Continental-Scale) Picture, James Granath and William Dickson, #30490 (2017).
- Innovations in Carbon (IV) Oxide Capture and Sequestration for Operations, Engineering and Technology, Lilian E. Simiyu and Sandra Konez, #42021 (2017).
- PS Underbalanced MPD technology Proved to be Effective in Drilling of Fractured Granitic Basement, Peng Chen, Xi Wang, and Meng Wu, #42020 (2017).
- Mozambique Natural Gas Condensate Analysis: Offsetting Production Royalties with Production By-Products, Nelia Mazula, #70241 (2017).
- PS Increasing Operational Efficiency in Extreme Extended Reach, Offshore Wells - A Case Story from Middle East, A. F. MacLeod and A. Dulic, #42010 (2017).
- PS Practical Experience in Rig Move and Workover Operations in an Amphibious Terrain: A Case Study of Escravos Beach Rig Move and Workover Operations, Joy Eze, Oluwarotimi Onakomaiya, Ademola Ogunrinde, Olusegun Adegboyega, James Wopara, Fred Timibitei, Matthew Ideh, and Babatunde A. Salawu, #70240 (2017).
- Wellbore Strengthening in Narrow Margin Drilling, Babatunde A. Salawu, Ogochukwu Benyeogor, Sunday Awe, Obinna Amah, Oseme Ugochukwu, and Adeyemi Erinle, #42008 (2017).
- PS Efficacious Use of Simple and Cost Effective Acoustic Flow Analyzer Measurement to Enhance Recovery and Improve Life Cycle of Wells, Omar J. Alaref, Mahmound Saada, Mongi Abdelmoula, and Marvin Rourke, #42007 (2017).
- Production Optimization in a Marginal Field through Established Reservoir Management Techniques - A Case Study, Williams Toluse, Victor Okolo, and Amarquaye Martey, #20381 (2017).
- Pre-Messinian Petroleum System and Trapping Style, Offshore Western Nile Delta, Egypt, Mostafa Monir and Omar Shenkar, #30489 (2017).
- Rock Compressive Strength: A Correlation from Formation Evaluation Data for the Niger Delta, Babatunde A. Salawu, Reza Sanaee, and Olumayowa Onabanjo, #30488 (2017).
- Liner Hanger Installation in Challenging Offshore Well Conditions, David Luna, Roberto Elizalde, and Wantuadi Diwaku, #42003 (2017).
- A New Tool-less Layered Fracturing Technology and Its Pilot Application in Deep Thick Formations, Daobing Wang, Fujian Zhou, Hongkui Ge, Xiongfei Liu, Sergio Zlotnik, Yang Shi, X. Yang, X. Yuan, X. Li, Y. Tan, and T. Luan, #42000 (2017).
- Water Influx Predictions in Reservoirs with Aquifer Drive Using the Two-Phase Reservoir Integral Type Pseudo-Pressure with Applicability in Gas Hydrate Reservoirs, Melvin Kome and Mohd Amro, #42006 (2017).
- Mathematical Model of Energy Storage in Gas Hydrate and its Flow in Pipeline Systems, Oluwatoyin O. Akinsete and Sunday O. Isehunwa, #42005 (2017).
- Forecasting the Domestic Utilization of Natural Gas in Nigeria (2015-2020), Rita U. Onolemhemhen, Jumai J. Adaji, Sunday O. Isehunwa, and Adeola Adenikinju, #70234 (2017).
- Hydrocarbon Generation Indications from Source Rock to Reservoir Rock: Case Studies of Anambra and Abakaliki Basins, Southeastern Nigeria, Rita U. Onolemhemhen, Samuel Salufu, and Sunday O. Isehunwa, #10911 (2017).
- A Preliminary Assessment of the Hydrocarbon Potential of Kerio Valley Basin: Gravity and Magnetic Interpretation, Abiud W. Masinde, Cleophas W. Simiyu, Innocent K. Murunga, George Muia, Aaron K. Waswa, and Justus Barongo, #10910 (2017).